Please welcome new users to the Aquaponics Association community forum!

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 5 new community members:

Please feel free introduce yourselves by starting a new topic in the Lounge. We would love to know more about you. Share what you’re doing, if you have an aquaponics system, and even what struggles you’re having!

4 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 6 new community members:

Please feel free introduce yourselves by starting a new topic in the Lounge. We would love to know more about you. Share what you’re doing, if you have an aquaponics system, and even what struggles you’re having!

2 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 2 new community members:

3 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 7 new community members:

4 Likes

Hautianjushi

大家好,我是来自中国北京的画田居士,大家也可以叫我老虎。从初步接触鱼菜共生到今年已经有七八年的时间了,我在中国主要进行鱼菜共生技术在不同场景中的应用设计和研究,较多的是针对休闲观光和食材餐厅类以及庭院型的鱼菜共生系统。我将在这里分享一些我的作品,希望朋友们能够喜欢。未来也在筹备我的商业化直营农场。

Translation to English.

Hello, everyone, I am Huatian from Beijing, China, you can also call me tiger. It has been seven or eight years since I first came into contact with fish and vegetable symbiosis. In China, I focus on the design and research of fish and vegetables symbiotic technology in different scenarios. More is aimed at leisure sightseeing and food restaurant type and courtyard fish dish symbiotic system. I will share some of my works here, hope friends can like it. In the future, I’m preparing my commercial farm.

1 Like

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 6 new community members:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 4 new community members:

2 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 7 new community members:

2 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 8 new community members:

3 Likes

Hi Jon, Great to meet you.
I’m new to the site but have been following aquaponics for years. I’m interested in opening a commercial aquaponic center and was hoping someone on this platform would be a commercial consultant or know a good commercial level consultant I could get started with.
Any ideas on this?
Will

2 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 9 new community members:

1 Like

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 10 new community members:

2 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 8 new community members:

1 Like

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 4 new community members:

1 Like

Hello my name is Len,
Thank you for the warm welcome.
We are just starting in aquaponics in the tropics.
We have plenty of sun and sea, so im obviouly interested in reverse osmosis too.
Any advice is always gratefully received but we are following the Aztecs as a guide if they had photo voltaic glass :slight_smile:
Peace x

1 Like

My name is Matthew Putegnat. My background is in mechanical engineering and software development. I became enamored with Aquaponics in 2010 when I was living in Hawaii and had 4 simple ebb/flow systems running then with Tilapia. I have since then moved to Tigard, Oregon, USA. While living in Hawaii I developed a simple pneumatic water pump and used them exclusively in my systems based on the inverted bell siphon method. It is a wonderful pump using only a check valve as its only moving part excepting the air pump involved. Since then I have improved on this approach and increased the amount each chamber can pump by about 3X. The website I have created to help convey this new approach has enough information to build your own from various materials, and some of the important parts necessary for those who don’t want to DIY everything. I will be posting more information and videos in the coming weeks. To illustrate, a metal 5G bucket or plywood box can be built into a pump, as a u-pump 100G/Hr. Built as a x-pump 300G/Hr. I wanted to share this information and provide these approaches and parts to make pumping easier, less expensive, and more accessible.

You may see this site at https://trueponix.com

3 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to our 10 new community members:

1 Like

Hi

I am currently wanting to obtain funding for a proposal that I have for 3 years running now. It is more for rural communities. I have done this to no avail. So if anyone can refer me to funders for this project for KZN. I will Appreciate references

Thank you

Charmaine Hansraj

Get TypeApp for Android

Hello
I have been playing with aquaponic for a few years, I am working on getting a 1800 square foot green house to expand into.
I am in northern Virginia in the US.

thank you
John Roppel