Please welcome new users to the Aquaponics Association community forum!

Hi My name is Ontino Russell and I am from Jamaica West Indies. At forty one years old I am new to farming and even newer to aquaponics. I am currently in the process of building my own system at home. I intend to eventually have a commercial system up and running by year end. I am very passionate about learning everything I can about aquaponics and eventually be able to pass on that knowledge to farmers in Jamaican’s rural and urban areas.

4 Likes

Love the vision @orussell. Please keep us posted on your developments!

I did some work with aquaponic growers in jamaica and still work with ganja growers there lmk if you need help with anything i should be headed back down later this year.

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Rylee Bergh and I am with Stuppy Inc. I am passionate about aquaponic growing systems and in charge of research and developing Stuppy’s growing systems. Stuppy is a custom greenhouse design and manufacturing company emerging in the aquaponic industry. I am excited to utilize this forum and continue to learn!

2 Likes

Great to have you here Rylee!

Please give a warm welcome welcome to 4 new community members:

Please introduce yourselves by replying to this post or starting a new topic. We would love to know more about you.

2 Likes

Absolutely, photos coming soon!

Please give a warm welcome welcome to 15 new community members:

Please introduce yourselves by replying to this post or starting a new topic. We would love to know more about you.

1 Like

Thank you @jon ! I am an aquaponic hobbyist, also have an MSc specializing in aquaponics. Happy to learn from others around the world. Looking out for a PhD position too. Cheers!

3 Likes

Wow, this is great @bevans . Can you recommend an institution offering a PhD specializing in aquaponics?

2 Likes

My name is Piotr Maciejewski, I am the owner of a certified organic farm in which I introduce the idea of ​​permaculture in the crops. Bearing in mind food safety, he wants to create a model of a farm that guarantees at every stage of food production that the manufacturer has made every effort to ensure that the food is healthy and produced in a safe way. It is an EU-backed strategy from farm to fork, or a sustainable food system, the cornerstone of a green deal. The model created in this way will be repeatable to be introduced by other farmers. This idea will be part of a larger project, which will include a vertical farm based on Aquaponics. A kitchen incubator will be created on the farm, in which, inter alia, the processing of produced agricultural products will be carried out into elements such as cold pressed oil, flour, dried fruit, vegetables and herbs. My ideas are to introduce regenerative agriculture to my farm. It is a set of agricultural practices that will contribute to the restoration of ecosystems. Sustainable development for small, family and medium-sized farms that will make a significant contribution to reducing CO2. The farm will use energy from renewable sources. Plant production will take place throughout the year, in a closed cycle, without fertilizers, without plant protection products. All without harm to the natural environment, where man will live in symbiosis with nature.

pon., 14 cze 2021, 14:10 użytkownik Jonathan Reyes via Aquaponics Association <[email protected]> napisał:

4 Likes

Bom dia. Sou peruano e Moro no Brasil
Muito obrigado pela recepção.
Sou formado em Processos Químicos e pedagogo. Fiz uma experiência experiência casa com um sistema aquaponico básico e teve excelentes resultados.
No ano 2020 perdi a minha amada esposa e por isso deixarei tudo aqui no Brasil e voltarei ao Perú, cuidarei dos meus pais (foi um pedido da minha esposa antes dela partir). Então farei meu sistema aquaponico lá no Perú, na capital Lima, e penso estudar bem as adaptações para clima frio e as espécies mais convenientes.
Fico feliz de seguir com este projeto aquaponico muito apasionante, e no futuro gostaria fazer um curso profissionalizante de Aquaponia. Obrigado a todos. Abraços.

3 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to 4 new community members:

3 Likes

I am Muhammad seid From India (Kerala State).My job is Aquaponics Devoloper.My company name is Supreme Aquaponics Farm Devolepers

3 Likes

Thanks #Jon, I’m a Professor at University o f Santo Tomás-Colombia. We have a Rsesarch group about sustainabililty and education. Now, we work in a project for design a Semiautomatic Aquaponic system. This project is aplicated in a public school of Bogotá City, whit kids of grade 10°

2 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to 10 new community members:

2 Likes

Hi! I´m a biologist from México, and I´m interested in learning all the aquaponic topics because I’m studying for a master’s degree and working on aquaponic backyardan in a rural community.
But I want to expand on a commercial scale.
Thank you, I´m so excited to learn and participate with the community.

3 Likes

Hello There, I am a Aquaponics practitioner who already involved in the field more than 4 years, I have professionally trained and gained commercial scale experience in the subject. Currently, I am working as a Scientific Director in vertical Aquaponics system in PR, USA.

4 Likes

Please give a warm welcome welcome to 11 new community members:

4 Likes

I’m very happy to connect with like-minded folks. I’m getting ready to build a system with IBC tanks and wonder if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks,
Jean

1 Like