What fungicide can I safely use on my tomatoes

We are running a aquaponics system in our high school and our tomato plants have started getting black spot blight. I am wondering how to treat it… I am not sure what fungicide I can safely use.

That’s always a hard one when your crops get infected. Blight remedies are normally remove all affected plants and burn it so you can kill all the spores from the fungus.

Probably Alternaria,

There is a treatment possible with nettle or horsetail tinture.
You could try it.

In most cases, when a plant starts to get infected by pests, there are deficiency in nutrients.

Hey Sandra!

Welcome to the Aquaponics Association community forum! Can you share a picture of the aquaponic system you are running and maybe a picture of your affected tomato plants?

I would start by carefully carefully removing the infected leaves and minimize their movement to prevent the contamination of nearby plants. Make sure to sanitize your shears before and after trimming and do not touch a healthy plant until you have thoroughly washed and sanitized your hands.

If you can afford to send some samples to a nearby lab, maybe do a water quality test and and plant tissue analysis to see if anything is out of balance. Addressing plant nutrient deficiencies could help prevent future pest invasions!

Keep in touch!

I’m not sure but sulfur can be used a fungicide. Suflur is used in biological gardening. It is relative harmless for humans. I don’t Know the effect on fish.

Hey Sandra!
We are hosting a free webinar on July 18th about integrated pest management in aquaponics. You might want to check it out!

Here is the registration link: