SOP Template Manual

Good day to all,
Trying to standardize my operation and seeking some help on an SOP manual templete that I could customize for my AP operations, any help would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance!
Eugene

1 Like

SOPs take alot of time, effort, and money to put together. If you want actually good SOPs you need to pay for them. No one gives that away nor should they its simply to much effort and experience needed to write good ones. Theres a few bad ones floating around but any of them that accurately address nutrients and pest management you get what you pay for. That being said if your looking to purchase SOPs I’d be happy to help you.

2 Likes

Nowhere in my post was I asking for anything free, I come from the Aviation sector and know the value of SOPs, my post was meant to have a contact that I could acquire a template if you have such I would be appreciative of buying it, my email is [email protected] for your offer.
Kind regards.
Eugene

1 Like

My mistake. Just see alot of people asking for free business services lately and i think alot of people just expect stuff for free in agriculture for what ever reason.

No love lost, I feel your pain, just trying to streamline all the protocols for the farm and compare them to the existing SOP and better the efficiency of what I have, if you could help would be much appreciated let me know how we could proceed via email above. Thank you.

Not certain if you ever received anything. Did you want something like this:

Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are essential for the efficient and effective management of an aquaponic farm. Below are some procedures that should be followed in an aquaponic farm operation:

1. System Maintenance and Operation Procedures
  • Ensure the system is operating within the desired parameters such as temperature, pH, and nutrient levels.
  • Check the water levels and top up when necessary.
  • Monitor the fish behavior and health regularly.
  • Inspect the grow beds for plant health and pest management.
  1. Water Quality Procedures
  • Regularly test the water for pH, dissolved oxygen, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels.
  • Keep records of water quality and corrective actions taken if the parameters go beyond acceptable levels.
  • Manage water changes and filtration as necessary to maintain water quality.
  1. Fish Feeding Procedures
  • Feed the fish on a regular schedule with appropriate amounts of food.
  • Record feeding schedules and amounts.
  • Monitor fish feeding behavior and adjust as necessary.
  1. Plant Management Procedures
  • Monitor plant health and growth rates regularly.
  • Record planting dates, varieties, and harvest dates.
  • Implement pest management procedures as needed.
  1. Harvesting Procedures
  • Harvest the plants at the appropriate time to ensure optimal quality and yield.
  • Record harvest dates, quantities, and quality metrics.
  • Clean and sanitize the harvesting area after use.
  1. Record-Keeping Procedures
  • Maintain detailed records of system parameters, water quality, fish and plant growth, feeding schedules, and harvest data.
  • Use these records to make informed decisions and adjustments to the system.
  1. Safety Procedures
  • Ensure all equipment is in good working order and safe to use.
  • Use personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary.
  • Train employees on safe operation procedures and emergency response protocols.

Duran, I am in the process of doing this very thing — SOP on a daily basis weekly basis— may I also add that the addition of the micro nutrients that needed to be added as fish food will not supply enough CA MN FE & K — trying to learn how to do it right now so that is why I mention this part…how much is also the issue as right now all I am learning is to read the plants

Understood. Keep learning. I’m learning as well.

@Souali @durenandsirita Long time on the thread but we do have a set of SOPs that can act as a foundation for you to adapt to your specific farm.

Another approach to getting comprehensive SOPs is to purchase a proven system that includes SOPs written specifically for the operation of that system. Nelson and Pade, Inc. offers systems that include SOPs. These systems are now available kits, modules or complete systems to allow buyers to embrace the science-based design while purchasing just the components they want or need. You can learn more at: Most Productive and Efficient Home and Commercial Aquaponic Systems