Solar power for aquaponics

Anyone using solar power for your energy needs?

We have one small system at the University of the Nations Kona Hawaii campus that has a battery to power the air pump charged by solar.

Hey there,
We are exploring solar options here in India, as the energy consumption in mains is too high . Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Anshuman.

The projects that I did in Haiti were all solar powered. still running…
The grid is too undependable. I did use some efficient pumps but I had to research some and know the basics. Glad to help. [email protected]

I have been operating a research and low production system for 9 years in Valle de Bravo, México, powering my pumps and control and monitoring systems with solar panels. This and a Black Soldier Fly breeder system have helped me move to the regenerative zone, not only sustainable.

Hi. If your utilities provider wil buy off your solar produced energy you can reduce your power bill significantly by installing photovoltaic panels that produce A.C. Power and connect directly to your mains.

If the utilities provider doesn’t take user generated solar power, you can do the same and incorporate a lithium battery bank with D.C. panels (cheaper) and a charger/ inverter to power the system directly. This batteries have become substantially cheaper with time and hold huge amounts of power. I use LiFePO4 100 AH batteries

Batteries are low weight, high efficiency and with longer life than common lead acid batteries. Readily available from amazon and the likes, manufactured in China by different brands.

Hope this helps. Best regards.

Our African partners in the INCiTiS-Food project (https://incitis-food.eu/) are using photovoltaics to power their systems. Please feel encouraged to get in touch.

@pb1 I work with a couple of solar-powered farmers, have designed a mobile solar-powered unit, and have specs and designs for a low-tech 500 m2 (5000 ft2) system we designed for use in villages in northern Myanmar. Additionally Santa Fe Community College’s greenhouse is solar-powered