Sneak Peak at the biggest Commercial Aquaponics Facility in Oklahoma Vertica Aquaponics

PXL_20210415_191752409

Bain the head grower of Vertica Aquaponics is doing an absolute stellar job at supplying Oklahoma with the best cannabis in Oklahoma. They are the largest aquaponic cannabis facility in Oklahoma and one of the largest in the country. They have 2 dispensaries with 2 more awaiting permits. There head grower trainer under me both in my classes and in person at a facility with both helped construct. The amazing 2 liter size buds i think speak for themselves. Thank you again to Vertica Aquaponics and Bain for giving us a tour which you can find here Growing With Fishes 235 Bain of Vertica Aquaponics Along with a long interview with there head grower.

2 Likes

Have you tried Nano bubble generators with your Cannabis ?

yes. Too much oxidation caused issues. I dont run oxygen injectors or nanobubbles on any cannabis facilities it increases cost per run as well.

hi there, what kind of issues does oxidation cause? just curious as I would have thought that higher DO would improve plant growth and health? Also what DO levels does your system operate at?

1 Like

You can have DO thats too high in aquaponics. There was a large lettuce facility that was using both airlifts and raft aeration and it was holding there pH around 8. The other downside to overaerating is that it burns thru your iron quickly which is one of your biggest expenses after power and labor and more than fish food in genera per year. You want to hold the do between 8 and 10 ideally. Most of the systems i run or manage are in teh 7 - 10 range.

1 Like

@potentponics thank you for that explanation.

1 Like