Nanobubble Research

nanobubbles
University of Hawai’i studying nanobubble technology for aquaponics with a $200,000 USDA grant: https://www.hawaii.edu/news/2021/02/01/nanobubble-tech-and-aquaculture/

Anyone here using nanobubbles yet? We’ve discussed it at a few conferences.

We tried it. Ditched it due to it over oxidizing iron and other nutrients. Was increasing our overhead with out any real difference in growth at least for cannabis. It did make us burn thru iron much faster tho.

3 Likes

We are using a nanobubble machine that is co-developed with local government institutes. We tested it in our DWC system for growing leafy greens.

In terms of yield/weight, the lettuce was growing around 20% faster than w/o nanobubbles.
Lab reports were showing 22~30% increase of micro-nutrients,

Due to the NDA we signed, we are unable to disclose more data at this stage. We are aiming to mass-produce the machine later this year.

1 Like

Wow those are great results, where are you located?

The Nano bubbles cause more turbulent water to flow within the DWC water mass than without them, that in turn moved more of the Nutrient water past the roots of the vegetables.
That in turn caused improved plant growth.

What do plants need at their roots to grow, nutrients and minerals.
Water is the transportation medium. get the water to tabulate without Nano bubbles and you will get the same or better results and be cheaper to run the system without the side effects.

The goal is to get more nutrients and minerals that are available to move past the roots and in so doing better yields will be realised.
Nano bubbles increase Oxygen levels, great for the fish. More sanitation.
Increase of Iron needed to supply to the system, was a negative effect financially for the same growth rates.

That is what my findings were after 1 years of use.

Maybe I was doing it incorrectly and you found a new way. Time will tell and testing in different clients systems will be the ultimate test

Good luck

1 Like

We are located in Hong Kong, will update you guys again once there is more news.

ps, we also found that nanobubble is useless with hydroponic-NFT setups, probably due to the low water volume in the gutters

1 Like

Yes - that’s because Iron is the catalyst for the synthesis of the other nutrients. Also the iron will quickly bind to the hemoglobin - because there is higher oxygen in the water.

Cannabis won’t notice the difference. But I see a significant difference in my rooftop farming. I’m doing extremely dense growth (more than 6 plants per sft) - and everything in Flood and Drain.

Oxygen levels change rapidly when bacteria colonization is dense. And colonization can only be dense when oxygen is high. Ying Yang and the rules of mother nature.

Mother nature has her ways of balancing out things - we can’t really eat all the cookies in the jar you know. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like