Can we have a discussion about the new board?

I have some major concerns given the associations history with allowing to many people from one company in the director or board positions. This has already caused major issues for the association in the past and having half the board from one company almost is a huge concern given what happened last time.

We need diversity at the top or the association will just end up hurting because of it as we have seen in the past.

There must be a better solution and a limit of one person per company for controlling positions.

Be glad to discuss with you. You available now?

oh

I would like to nominate Steve Raisner for Community
Director

The association has already had a bunch of problems when too many people from one company had too much control and i kinda see that happening again given the new leadership and how they have behaved in the past. I think we need a little more diversity to prevent people from taking advantage of the situation we already saw the association go thru mountains of headache with this exact issue in the past lets not repeat history.

I would also be more than happy to be available for that call to discuss your concerns Steve. As of now, no one currently on the board is from the same company. As of 2018 there is written policy regarding conflict of interests for all individuals serving the Association. If at any time someone has violated this policy then the governance board has the right to swiftly terminate that individual. This is a matter that is not taken lightly and will be maintained in the present and future for our organization.

Additionally, if you would like to throw you name in the hat for acquiring a position on the board please send me and email ([email protected]) with your resume and 4-5 sentences of why you would be a good candidate for the position.

All the best,

Joshua Dusci

3 Likes

Having been a long time member and recently selected to serve on the Board, I can say that the current leadership is very focused on inclusivity, diversity, and transparency. The Board is currently made up of folks from
Industry, education, the community and academia.

Two board members and the director have responded to this post - which I see as an indication of the focus on the above qualities.

We are currently soliciting Board members for a number of positions. Some recent departures from the Board have left openings that need to be filled to maintain operations. The best way to ensure the vision of the AP Association you want is achieved is to get involved - even if it’s on a committee/working group level rather than a nominated position.

Steve, I would encourage you to take advantage of the offers, including myself, to speak with the administration directly. If there are specific concerns from our membership, we want to include those in our discussions. We can’t fix the past, but we can learn from it and move forward in a positive way.

Janelle Hager

4 Likes