Build an aquaponic indoor farm - a blog

We have built our 300 m2 indoor aquaponic pilot facility over the last couple of years. We want to share our experiences. So we are writing a blog about this. This is the English translation of the blog which I have been working on. I will post links to the other blog posts as the get translated. Please feel free to ask questions about anything that I write about.

9 Likes

I thank you for your effort… I’ll be following

awesome, this is great, thanks so much!

Here comes part 2:

1 Like

Really cool and very interesting. I’m on a similar but smaller solo journey. Thanks for sharing

Hi again, now we are coming to the more substantial parts. A quite detailed build log of what we have done, with lots of pictures.

I am sure we are missing some explanations of what and why. So don’t hesitate to ask questions.

4 Likes

Now we have part four of the blog series that describe our aquaponics pilot facility. Now we get into the digital systems with water quality, nutrients and sensors.

http://cirkularodling.se/build-an-aquaponic-indoor-farm-part-4-water-quality-and-nutrients-testing/

2 Likes

This is great, we will publish on our social media. Thank you!

1 Like

Another instalment in the blog about building our pilot facility. This part is about production management.

http://cirkularodling.se/build-an-aquaponic-indoor-farm-part-5-production-management/

1 Like

Thanks for share Gabriel. Look at this: DIARIO DE CAMPO 15-06-2021- COMENZAMOS A CREAR LAS CONDICIONES PARA LA INSTALACIÓN DEL SISTEMA ACUAPONICO QUE POTENCIA COMPETENCIAS STEAM Y CULTURA NUTRICIONAL EN EL COLEGIO GABRIEL BETANCOUR MEJIA DE LA LOCALIDAD DE KENEDY-BOGOTÁ. – Investigación educativa-Grupo de Investigación

1 Like

Like what you guys are doing. Cool platform. Are you doing lab tests on your stuff yet?

Hi Jon,

Sorry for th e late reply. Lovely to be on holiday, but it delays replying. We haven’t done lab tests of water and plants yet. But are planning too. We will do these during the autumn, in combination with tests of the new experimental feed (which is insect larvae, more about that later).

Thomas

1 Like

Nice! Yeah holidays are great. Full stop haha.

Read your data blog and glad you’re doing some fun stuff with tracking. Looking forward to seeing what type of experiments you’ll bring to the table.

What are your long term goals for the project? Do you want to replicate this setup in other areas?

Is this project by any chance part of the horizon grant?

1 Like

Long term goals is to build the worlds best circular food production systems. We expect to replicate our system in many areas. It is not part of a Horizon 2020 project, but we have support from the Swedish Innovation Agency. We are working on a much more technically sophisticated version with high automation and fully data driven. We’ll show it when we have something more to report.

1 Like

Sounds great. Please do keep us posted-- Maybe you can give us some teasers at the virtual conference…

At Johannas we have taken an investment to design a scalable and replicable circular food production system, with aquaponics at the core. You can read more about it here: Johannas Stadsodlingar secures capital to create scalable circular food solution - Sting

1 Like

Congrats on your funding @bjelkeman looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

1 Like