Airlift from Glenn

Hello AAA team,

Has anyone heard from Glenn Martinez from Hawaii? I would like to get in touch as I bought a manual of him years ago and my external drive died which had the file on it (i know should have had a cloud backup).

I have tried the email addresses I had but they bounce…

Cheers

Patrick

1 Like

I tried to get in touch about a year and a half ago. Didn’t hear back. Loved his air lift though. Did it for a farm here in Jordan and lifted water about 3m. Was a fun experiment. If we still had the farm we would have probably used it as dragon tails for a separate aeration source in the hot summer months.

Thanks Jon,

I’d like to explore his airlift for moving water around my system. Do you have the tech drawings?

Cheers,

Patrick

Unfortunately I think they were a victim of the hot Middle Eastern sun on my laptop haha. I have backups somewhere on these hard drives. Hmm…

I dont think he does aquaponics any more hes not posted anything in a long time and never responds to any one so i think hes checked out.

Terry Stratton and Glenn published an ECHO Technical Note on the air lift The Martinez Airlift Pump: Lifting Water with Air | ECHOcommunity.org. Terry would be happy to offer advice if you are still interested [email protected].

1 Like

This is great news! Thank you!

From the article:
“We replaced one 200-watt submersible pump with an 80-watt air compressor to run an airlift.”

One has to be careful not to compare nominal power rating with actual used wattage. A 200W pump is not pulling 200W all the time.
Would really love to see a direct comparison between these two types of pumps.

Water on a higher level has potential energy. So In the end probably an energy efficiency rating of electrical energy required to produce a defined amount of potential energy would be helpful. Of course tabled with different head heights.

1 Like