About the Lounge category

A category exclusive to members with trust level 3 and higher.

Hi everyone, my name is Michael Dellar, originally from South Africa but have lived in Europe, primarily Spain for the last 30 years. My studies were in Zoology and Botany and I now own an engineering business in the yacht industry.
I have been experimenting with aquaponics systems for a few years now and have had some reasonably good success with my home systems, this has led me to begin making modular units which I have been supplying to interested people on the islands. So far have half a dozen systems set up all of which are doing well and supplying fresh herbs and veg to their owners.
At present using carp, tench and Koi, Tilapia not an option as don’t seem to be able to source them.
We are developing a web site which will go online shortly and hopefully get some traction and lots of systems out there. Interested in solar driven systems and monitoring systems as well. So far we are running on local hard water and high PH, what we are growing seems perfectly happy and the fish are adapted to our hard water.

Thank you for the information. My name is Ash and I am a Registered Nurse. After the COVID Pandemic I have succumbed to the after effects of what some of my health care counterparts and I endured/witnessed. I have therefore found my vocation challenged and that the job that I have loved for so many years has become a source anguish and I recently just felt I couldn’t do it anymore. Woke up one day I just packed in so I recover. I don’t intend to practice again not like this. Two weeks ago my daughter sent me an email about Aquanopics Fish farming and I thought to myself I have got to do this. So I have no clue about it, I have no idea as to where to start from but one thing that I am certain of is that I need this - being a Nurse is no longer an option for me if I need to recover from the adverse effects of my Nursing during the Pandemic. I don’t know where to start from neither do I know how to set up the system or what the system should look like. SOS

Hello Michael,

¿ Are you selling your systems in Spain?

Cheers

Hi Ignacio

Yes, we are based in Mallorca but happy to install anywhere in Spain.

Regards
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have some info about the type of system that you install?

Greetings,
Ignacio