2021 Aquaponics Conference Goes Virtual-Only :(

Dear Aquaponics Community,

Amidst Membership concerns about Covid-19, the Aquaponics Association has postponed the in-person programming of the 2021 Aquaponics Conference. The conference, which was planned to be a hybrid event hosted in Oklahoma City, will now occur in an online-only format during the original dates of Oct. 22-24, 2021.

Aquaponics Association Members have voiced concerns about travel restrictions and safety concerns due to the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant.

Several long-time and new members have reached out to us about travel lockdowns and questions about safety. After careful consideration for their input and the current data, we have made the difficult decision to move ahead with a virtual-only event. We hope to be in-person in Oklahoma City for our 2022 conference.

The Association will host this year’s conference on an interactive virtual meeting and event platform. Tickets for the virtual conference are available to purchase now on the website. Conference attendees who have purchased tickets for the in-person conference will be contacted for a refund.

For more information about registration, conference tracks, speakers, and changes to the program, visit the conference website at www.aquaponicsconference.org.

Thank you to our local Oklahoma partners Symbiotic Aquaponic LLC and Association Vice Chair Julie Flegal-Smallwood for support on this difficult decision.

While we may be apart physically, this October we will be “Together with Aquaponics”!

Stay safe,

Brian Filipowich, Chairman

Aquaponics Association

Hello. I was wondering in what time zone the virtual conference will be help. I would be participating from Italy and would like to organize the schedule.
Thanks for any info

Hi @Sascha!

The general hours of the conference are 10am to 8pm EST on Fri Oct 22 and Sat Oct 23; and 9am to 2pm EST on Sunday October 24.

We are working on some earlier times for folks from Europe, Asia, and Africa to meet. Would you be interested in some European time zone sessions around 7amEST // 12pm London time?

We will publish a schedule on October 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions, thanks!

Sadly I won’t be able the attend the conference this year, but I hope you have a great time and everything goes smoothly.

I’m still hopeful that I might get the opportunity to attend in person next year (and with my fish arriving in November I’ll have much more to talk about!)

1 Like

Awe bummer. You always have fun stuff to talk about. Hopefully we’ll see you next year!